Tweet Card Creation Do’s and Don’ts We have the system created to help you keep it simple, but here are
Card Creation Do’s and Don’ts
We have the system created to help you keep it simple, but here are a few more tips for creating beautiful, memorable cards. Use these 3 design recommendations to ensure your card design has the desired impact.
Be careful not to use too many different fonts
When creating your card, using many different fonts may make your card look unprofessional or hard to read. Our brain is trained to focus on the changing fonts, to the point that sometimes we read the wrong parts of a card first, if there are too many fonts and your eye can’t find the focal point. Here is what we recommend you do:
- Use decorative or script fonts for headings and short titles, and simple fonts for body copy, paragraphs and sentences.
- Try not to use more than 3 fonts in a single design.
- Chose a decorative font that has similarities to the body copy font, but make sure they aren’t too similar. For instance, a script font that is a little short and stout with a sans serif font that is also short and stout.
Make sure the inside text is easy to read
Size matters! But so does color contrast and image opacity. Images and other asset designs are great, but the message included in your card is the most important. Make sure your message is received by following these guidelines:
- Make sure there is a lot of contrast between the background color and the text. Preferably a light background color and a dark text color.
- Headings can be between 14-24 font size – depending on the font – but body copy should be 10-14 font size.
Make sure your photos are high resolution
One thing is certain, the higher the resolution, the better the photo. If your photo is not a high enough resolution, it will be printed blurry or pixelated. Photo resolution, and basically anything dealing with photo sizing, can be a confusing topic, so we recommend taking a look at this Ultimate Guide to Image Resolution.
Now that you are more knowledgeable of the ins-and-outs of card assets and their importance, get your cards created and sent today! We have beautiful curated designs, including Photo Drop cards, or you can create your own! Use these helpful do’s and don’ts to make sure your cards are the best they can be.
You can even send your first card totally FREE – just click here and select “Send Card”. Send your card anywhere in the world! Totally FREE, including the postage! Who needs to hear from you today?